Waimak River Taxi
TAXI SERVICE - For Kayaks and Bicycles
A taxi service run by Alpine Jet Thrills from the Canyon Discoveries launching site Otarama Road (off Rubicon Road), Springfield, up to the top of the Gorge dropping off near Esk Rock.
Our tour boat can carry up to 10 Kayaks and passengers plus gear in complete safety and point out any problem spots along the river.
We can take Hunters and Fishoes too.
Please pencil book your spot during the week and we will advise you as soon as we have suitable numbers for service to begin.
Alpine Jet Thrills reserves the right to cancel the service if we feel your safety could be compromised due to a rising river or excessive wind speeds in the gorge. We will try and give you as much notice as possible.
The benefits are:
- Independent river training, without the need to hassle others for training assistance.
- Saves on road transfer time and less vehicles needed.
- Miss out the less challenging sections of the river and concentrate on the harder sections.
- Get to see the trouble spots as you jet boat upstream.
- Added security for your vehicle. We will look after your vehicle while you are on the water.
- Jet boat backup in case of an incident while on the water.
- Team up with other river users, so you don’t need to paddle on your own.
- Clean toilets and changing room when you get back off the river.
Our drivers have many years of experience in the Waimakariri River Gorge and can add a lot of value to your training and general interest in the gorge area.
9.00am Saturdays and Sundays
(Minimum of 4 for service to commence)
Other times available if group size permits.
4-10 Kayaks $150.00 per Kayak